This post is out of order and refers to our visit to El Prado in Madrid but I thought I'd post it anyway. While we were at El Prado our guide kept talking about the reason that so many of the paintings had religious themes was that back then God was the center of the universe. She must have said it like 4 times and each time I wanted to shake her and say, “He WAS, IS, and always WILL BE the center of the universe.” I’m working on a gentler approach to the European and Catholic approach to religion that I keep encountering. Everyone’s Catholic, but not many people practice it. With Easter, of course, being the exception. I wonder how much peace that gives people. It seems that hearing the Gospel and being in church on such an awesome day of the year for Believers would cause nonchristians to recognize a void, not find sufficiency.…
Ashton
No comments:
Post a Comment