Saturday, January 24, 2009

Estamos en MADRID!!!

Amazingly Lyndsey, Nick, and I all made it to Spain with all of our luggage! No throwing up of passing out either (this was a problem once before)! I guess I had lower expectations about the arriving condition of me and all my stuff so I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone's prayers have been felt and I have been overwhelmed with God's love for me. He is always looking out for His children! It was hard to sleep on the plane because I didn't get a window seat but that wasn't a big deal because they kept giving us food and water and you know I don't want to miss a meal. In fact I got my own "special" vegetarian meal! We're staying in Madrid for a few days before we go to Granada and we've been doing some cool stuff. Everyone on the program went out to eat together for dinner. They served us "raciones" which are small appetizer like foods that you share with about 4 other people. so there were like 85 of us on the top floor of a restaurant. We had over 10 different raciones with things like bread, salad, fried calamari, mushrooms, potato omelettes, potatoes with sauce, cheese, fried eggplant, cake and then only two things of meat that I was unable to participate it. Lyndsey was not impressed with either one though! So basically it was delicious and I got plenty of food (and API paid for it!). So that was a lot of fun and we met some new people. We went to El Prado today which is the best art museum in the world apparently. They have over 9000 paintings and it was pretty cool. We had lunch at an italian place which was okay and then we went to the Royal Palace which was really cool. It was kind of like the Biltmore in the way that you walk through different rooms. They were so elaborately decorated it was unbelievable. In fact some of them were too busy even for me if you can believe that. We went out for dinner tonight and found a pretty good meal. Lyndsey and I got a smoked salmon sandwhich which was pretty good. The salmon was kind of raw and cold which I didn't mind but apparently a lot of things are served cold here. That is going to take some getting used to for Lyndsey! We ended up going to a chocolateria where they serve chocolate and churros (basically fried donuts) which is an extremely popular dessert here. It was PACKED with locals and it was soo good. The chocolate was so thick and when I had eaten all my churros this kid told me he would give me 2 euros if I drank the rest of the chocolate. Obviously he didn't know me very well because I downed it like it was nothing! Haha! He was shocked but nobody that knows me would be. I mean somebody paying me to eat chocolate? So I wasn't planning on doing a blog but this seems like a great way to let everyone know what's going on. Thanks everyone for caring, I've really felt so loved this past week. Love and HUGS!!!

Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment